Ernest Hemmingway's view on sports

Ernest Hemmingway said something like, the only real sports are
bullfighting, motor racing, and some other deadly activities I can't
seem to remember.

No, not shark wrestling.

I have to pretend to be into the shooting sports to justify backing the
second ammendment of the Constitution of the United States.

Europeans seem to like to endanger themselves at motor rallyes, by
crowding along the roadside, so that Tommy Makkinen can flip over into
them. The Swiss did ban motor racing.

Diving to the bottom of a river and wrestling a 50 pound catfish up from
a trap goes on in Mississippi.

Helium balloon racing is probably more expensive than yachting, or polo,
so we can call it the true sport of kings, although spending the Gus
Bennett cup's days in the air heading for the Northwest Territories in
October seems extremely uncomfortable and dangerous.

N.P.-> Shonen Knife- _Let's Knife_

"If music be the food of love, play on."
     --Shakespeare (they sure make good fishing tackle)