Re: Is Soccer a Sport?!?!?!?

--- the ebullient and award winning liesel tarquini
<lieselmarietarquini at yahoo_com> wrote:

> wacking a ball with all your might 100 times in a
> couple of hours until you arms and sides ache,
> trekking across 9-18 holes in 90 degree whether and
> high humidity with your golf bag on your back.
> endurance darling, endurance. you obviously don't
> play
> golf...;)

i golfed once, after my last day of h.s.  i know what
you mean, though.  where *we* were, you had to
retrieve your ball if it went into the water hazards,
which were stocked with underfed alligators and water
moccasins.  the sand traps were arranged as
high-pillared dunes that housed hundreds of scorpions.
 taking water onto the course was not permitted, of
course; we couldn't even carry a penknife.  and the
rats - my lord, thousands: try knocking down that
30-foot put with a couple of rats crawling up your
leg, boyo.  nothing to defend yourself with but those
precious clubs.  learned that a 5-iron works just as
well as a putting wedge for crushing scorpions.
helluva fun day.  'gators succumb best to repeated
blows with a 3-wood.

honey, it's *golf* we're talking about here. :)  i get
the same low-impact cardio this time of year from
gardening.  pastime.  leisure activity.

still missing cutting on his golf-playing uncle,
eric

"for a small girl, liesel obviously carried far too
many clubs when she golfed; the weight she carried was
quite heavy proportionate to her own, but culminated
in her doggéd insistence that golf is a sport."
-author unknown