Re: Strange oTr quote from Pre-Cornerstone site

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, So Briquet wrote:

> "I fell asleep that day only to be awoken by Linford, from Over The
> Rhine, walking by. A very humbling experience, something I will always
> remember."
>
> Hmmm.
>
> "Get off your knees, boy, I'm only a man..." -the Reverend Doctor Edward
> Daniel Taylor from The Miracle Faith Network Telethon Of Love

But...but The Right Reverend Edward Daniel Taylor is not merely a man, nor
is his Miracle Faith Prickly Heat Telethon of Love merely just a ministry.
Or at least, that's what the pamphlet said when I sent in little Billy's
college fund.

That said, I was known in my earlier days to mark a lot for 'being in the
presence'...I've since had too many conversations with folks who I admire
to think any more of them as good folk who I want to encourage to keep on
doing what they said.  Everyone can be cranky or have canker sores or what
have you.  That's just people for you.

But humbling?  No.  Groovy?  Sure.  Absolutely.  But I think doing stuff
like volunteering at shows and festivals quickly makes you realize how
blown out of proportion some of the hero-worship can be.

-Drew J

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA  )   ^ ^
O    I also have the garlic powder. - Diablo - 10/4/98, goats.com    X  (_|_)
O            Check out rft.melm.org - Radio Free Tomorrow.           | (bunny)