Own Goal Hat Trick (sports email)

I'm cursed or lucky, depending on how ya look at it.  No real interest in
sports, especially on evil TV.  Live they're OK, but I don't seek out live
sport events.  They just seek me out.

My first cousin Jim played college football for Ohio State in early 80's and
then for Wash Redskins until a few years ago, so we'd get to go to a lot of
those.  My roomie Gary's girlfriend in the mid-late 90s was a Cleveland Cavs
dancer so he'd get tickets to every home game and I'd go time to time.  I
worked for Bridgestone for four years, so we'd get to a lot of
Firestone-sponsored racing and golf events.  Vendors pour sports tickets
like it's their job to me so I'd seen free home games of Reds, Bengals,
Tigers, Indians, Orioles, Blue Jays, White Sox, etc.  A bunch of friends and
acquaintances are avid sports fans, so we'd get dragged to more baseball,
hockey, horse racing, college football and basketball games than you can
shake a stick at.  I travel a bunch and go to local things (bullfights in
spain and mexico, jai lai in florida, dog track in phoenix, etc.)

So anyway, I was on the phone with one of my sporty friends discussing this.
  He thinks endurance, strength, coordination and skill are the required
parameters to judge an athlete.  It seems like there should be more but I
can't think of them.

Here's the sports we could come up with in a seventeen minute conversation:

american football
badminton
baseball
basketball, college
basketball, nba
billiards/pool
bowling
boxing
bull fighting
cricket
cross country
curling
cycling
diving
dog racing
golf
gymnastics
horse racing
ice hockey
ice skating
irl/stock car
jai lai
lacrosse
marathon
nascar
polo
rat racing
rugby
skiing
soccer
speed skating
swimming
table tennis
tennis
track
triathlon/biathlon
volleyball
water polo
wrestling

We didn't talk a ton about it, but I think soccer players are generally well
kept, but get breaks and couldn't last in extremely demanding physical
activity for as long.  Boxers train quite differently than soccer players.
My pea-sized uncoordinated brain can't handle jai lai's speed and even
basketball sometimes.

Why the H doesn't FOX have a all-sport challenge where they pit athletes
against one another in their non-native sport?  At the end of a season or
two, we'd know who the ultimate victor is, and justly the truest of the
sports..

Bruce