re: Kylie's interrogation, secret superhero origins reavealed

> Smitty remarked by saying:

That's a bit redundant, innit?  Oh well it's late (probably wasn't when
you wrote that, but it is when I'm replying, so we'll give you the
benefit of the doubt.)

> Thanks for the link! :) And you still use ICQ?! Wow...that's old school. ;)
> I used that when I was in like 8th grade. Why do you call yourself Smitty??

First off, ICQ is great because you can send little short messages that
get delivered even if people are off-line at the moment...great for
short memos in place of e-mail.  The fact that half the people I know
use it makes the decision easier too.  Add in the amazingly great
Miranda client ( http://miranda-icq.sourceforge.net ) and you have a
winner.  Besides, e-mail is older than ICQ, but I still use *that*,
don't I?  Hey, so do you!  =)

Now, on to the Smitty thing.  Well, there was a li'l youth group I
joined in high school.  I moved into town my sophomore year, so I was at
the disadvantage when it came time to pick names...there were already
too many persons named "Chris" in the group, so we opted to give me a
new nick and avoid confusion.  Smitty is a totally arbitrary name that
was given be a guy that eventually became a really good friend of
mine...we share a special brand of insanity.

Anyhow, the name has followed me six years now, and even my parents use
it occasionally when referring to me.  So, there you have it.  It's the
name with no real rhyme or reason that persists forever.

-Smitty