Re: "old school" computers

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002 Hazel410 at aol_com wrote:

> > I used to write programs in Basic on my uncle's Trash-80.  :)
>
> Heeheehee.... My father taught computer science in a local high school,
> and every summer he brought home a computer.  We had a TRS-80, and were
> amazed by the difference in an Apple IIe a few years later.  I learned
> Basic, but can't recall using it for anything but infinite-looping funny
> messages on the monitors at the local Radio Shack.    : )

Ah, yes, that was always fun.  :)  The most sophisticated I ever got was
when I wrote a game modelled after Frogger for the Osborne 1, back when I
was in high school.  Since then, I haven't used computers for anything
except word processing and e-mail, but whenever I bump into people who
knew me back then, they seem to remember me as "the computer guy".