Re: Re: Karin's wisdom...and Wells Street

On Fri, 31 May 2002 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> Come, come, now-- you want old school, I'll pull out my Timex Sinclair
> 1000 with the membrane keyboard and the cassette drive. That was
> bleeding edge back in...hmmm...somewhere back when pastels were still
> cool.

I can't remember whether we owned one of those or merely borrowed one of
those -- it was, like, only $100 or so, right?  Came with 1K of memory or
something?  FWIW, this summer marks the 20th anniversary of my family's
first computer purchase -- the original, tan-coloured Osborne 1.  Before
that, I used to write programs in Basic on my uncle's Trash-80.  :)