Re: a few things

TYoder beautifully wrote:

>>i was offended by what was being presented as the #9
song on the charts...well-marketed beauty...but no
texture...no layers...nothing at all that spoke to
me...this talent goes virtually undiscovered by the
general public.>>

I believe you hit the nail on the head when you
referred to marketing. IT'S ALL ABOUT MARKETING...

There was a conversation on this issue a few months
ago (on NPR I think) in which the commentator stated
that in todays market, where fleshly beauty is hailed
over artistry, people like Aretha Franklin and Ella
Fitzgerald would not be known to the general public
because they do not have the assets to be the pin-up
girls of the week. I shudder to think what musical
history would be like without the talent and influence
of these two women.

zayne

=====
She does rain dances when she's feeling dry... ~Shivaree