Re: unodostres

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Alfred B Johnson wrote:
> But at base we know that the Empire is willing to destroy a planet and
> everyone on it and that the Rebellion would do no such thing, based on
> their central principles.

Yeah, the Rebellion would only destroy Death Stars ("small moons") and who
knows how many innocent lives aboard those stations (prisoners like Leia,
civilian personnel a la the construction workers referred to in _Clerks_,
visiting family, etc., etc.).  :)

> And the Rebellion is pro-self-determination, pro-decentralization, from
> what I can tell.

Given that the only alternative to self-determination is obedience to the
Empire, this isn't so surprising, or promising -- of *course* anyone who
wants to be self-determining is obliged to join the Rebel Alliance,
otherwise they'll be stamped out by the Empire.  The big question is what
the Rebel Alliance will do if (if!) it ever assumes galaxy-wide power.

> Assuming L and L are born about a year after Ep II . . .

Doubtful -- I suspect they will be born sometime during Episode III.  It
seems Vader does not know he has children until after the events of
Episode IV, and since Anakin will almost certainly not turn into Vader
until sometime during Episode III, his kids won't be born by then.

> Han is ten-ish during Ep II.  Could be older.  I'm saying, he could be
> in Episode III, if even six years have passed, right?  Possibly as a
> peer to our boy Boba.

Hoo-boy.  As if this universe weren't tiny enough as it is.