Re: Re: smoke rises

On 5/20/02 1:10 PM, quoth the effervescent shadow at teuton_org at
shadow at teuton_org:

>epic emails are cute, in a long winded sort of way, but please please
>please? cut your referred to section from the rest and then just add your
>reply to the bottom. so it doesn't look like
>
>he said
>then i said
>then he said
>hten SHE said
>the someone else chimed it....
>
>etc
>
>ad infitum..
>
>i'm sure i shuld've said something better.

Actually, you're more polite about it that I'm about to be.

Enough with the massive quoting, people. You've been asked nicely several
times, and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what's so
difficult about the concept, unless you just want to be snotty and
annoying. One more time:

PLEASE ONLY QUOTE THAT PART OF AN EMAIL THAT IS RELEVANT TO YOUR REPLY.

None of us need to have our inboxes stuffed with four-page emails with
one-line replies. Most of you have been online long enough at least grasp
this basic rule of netiquette. Doing otherwise clogs buffers and makes
your email difficult, if not impossible, to read.