Info on RMC BBQ

You're a "like-minded email list," aren't you?

Email addresses to sign up are at the bottom.

Like it says, bring your "trash"  to the music/book/t-shirt/condom
(Bradwig, I'm sure that thepinknun.com is making some as we speak)
exchange and it might be someone else's "treasure"

"You are invited to the Ninth Annual Cornerstone RMC BBQ! At 11:00AM on
Thursday, July 4, 2002, the ninth gathering of on-line music fans will
take place at Cornerstone Festival in central Illinois. Why???? Because
you are there. Because a whole lot of other folks you only see on line
from throughout the United States, Canada, and the rest of the world
will be there, too. Because a lot of us have already made a lot of
friends at Cornerstone through the last eight "BBQ's." Because this is
always a nice time out from the schedule to re-connect. C'stone is a
much better place when you spot some familiar faces, and this is your
chance to hook up an email address with a face. Did we mention shade,
lunch, celebrities, and the free store? Here are the particulars: Who:
If you can read this, you are invited. Although originally designed as a
place for usenet newsgroup rec.music.christian (R.M.C.) regulars to meet
face-to-face, participation has grown to include many like-minded email
lists which have kept the free-wheeling spirit of r.m.c alive in these
changing technological times. (We'll change the name when no one can
remember what r.m.c. stands for any more. . .) When: Thursday, July 4,
11:00 a.m. until the music, seminars and press conferences start back
up.
Where: This will be the easiest BBQ to find ever. For 2002, the BBQ
will be in The Phantom Tollbooth Press Tent located on the right side of
the main road, about halfway between the fest office and Encore I. Look
for the RMC-BBQ sign. For this event, the entire 40 x 60 tent will be
ours, but you are welcome to check out the back any time where the
Tollbooth will have a hospitality area. Cold water and assorted repartee
always on hand.
Menu: Thanks to a crack-of-dawn deli run into town, we'll have
make-your-own sandwiches, chips, sodas, and bottled water. Donations are
very welcome to cover the cost, and don't forget to bring something for
the literature/tape/CD exchange. In the spirit of the original hippies
and Jesus people, this is your chance to exchange your unwanted books,
music magazines, CD's, music T-shirts, etc. for someone else's, no
charge.
As always, we'll have name tags, perhaps some awards, maybe some
celebrities, and we hope definitely you and 65 to 100 other members of
the Christian music on line community.
Send an email message to rmcbbq at tollbooth_org if you know (or are pretty
certain) you can make it. Include your name, email address, number in
your party, where you are traveling from, and how you heard about the
RMC, etc. BBQ/Picnic. We'll send out updates regularly. Lord willing,
we'll see you at:
C2.002K, "

Linda LaFianza (caravan847 at tollbooth_org) Shari Lloyd (slloyd at ccm_net)
Trish Patterson (trishkpatterson at yahoo_com) Lisa Reid
(lisa at spaceship_com)

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur." (Whatever is said in Latin
sounds profound.)