Frequency

The recent discussions about dream setlists got me wondering just how often OtR plays their various songs.  Thanks to the wonderful resource that is Jeff Holland's show and setlist archive (for those of you who've never looked it over, it can be found at: http://members.tripod.com/JeffreyHolland/otrhine/), I've gone back thru the shows of 2000 to get a feel for often each song appears.  And yes, obviously I had too much free time today...

I didn't bother going all the way back to 1991, and setlists aren't available for all shows, but this should be at least somewhat representative of how things are going for your favorite songs.  I'll least just the 5 or 6 most frequently played songs (and the number of times they were played) for each of 2000, 2001, and 2002 (so far), then give a combined list of all songs played during those 3 years (again with the number of times they were played).  So yeah, this might get a little lengthy, and I apologize if you're averse to lengthy e-mails, but this topic demands it.

A couple notes first: I may have miscounted here and there, but it wasn't intentional if I did, plus it doesn't matter that much since setlists were not available for each and every concert performed during the time span I was looking at.  Also, I didn't quite know what to do with "Cast Me Away" and "And Can It Be", so I counted them separately, based on how the person providing the setlist listed them.  It's possible that both were played on each occasion since one usually leads directly into the other, but I could not assume that was the case.  Next, as you know, "Little Blue River" is often played with "In The Garden" tacked on to the end, but I didn't differentiate between those 2 versions.  Neither did I differentiate between the versions of "Like a Radio" with and without "Ain't No Sunshine".

Okay, here goes...

Top 5 of 2000  (setlists available for 16 concerts)
All I Need is Everything (16)
Latter Days (15)
Faithfully Dangerous (14)
Lucy (14)
My Love is a Fever (13)

Top 5 of 2001 (setlists available for 35 concerts)
Faithfully Dangerous (32)
If Nothing Else (31)
The World Can Wait (30)
I Radio Heaven (29)
Latter Days (26)

Top 6 of 2002 (setlists available for 10 concerts)
Anything at All (10)
Bothered (9)
Green-Clouded Swallowtail (9)
I Radio Heaven (9)
Jesus in New Orleans (9)
Miles (9)

And now, the full list for all 3 years combined (61 concerts):
Faithfully Dangerous (50)
All I Need is Everything (48)
Latter Days (45)
Little Blue River (43)
I Radio Heaven (38)
If Nothing Else (38)
The World Can Wait (38)
Anything at All (34)
My Love is a Fever (34)
Bothered (27)
Moth (26)
Poughkeepsie (26)
Goodbye (25)
Lucy (23)
When I Go (23)
Green-Clouded Swallowtail (21)
Anyway (20)
Birds (20)
Jack's Valentine (20)
Fairpoint Diary (18)
Miles (18)
Sleep Baby Jane (18)
Give Me Strength (17)
Holy Rain (17)
Orphan Girl (17)
Go Down Easy (16)
Ohio (16)
Circle of Quiet (13)
Curse These Dreams (13)
Jesus in New Orleans (13)
Rhapsodie (11)
And Can It Be (9)
Silent Night (9)
Etcetera Whatever (8)
The Body is a Stairway of Skin (8)
The Seahorse (8)
All I Ever Get for Christmas is Blue (7)
Darling, Christmas is Coming (7)
Like A Radio (7)
Show Me (7)
Cast Me Away (6)
Jacksie (6)
Now I Know (6)
Helpless (5)
I Painted My Name (5)
It's Never Quite What it Seems (5)
Thank You My Angel (5)
I Will Remember (4)
Last Night (4)
Broken (3)
June (3)
Pilgrim (3)
Mary's Waltz (2)
Whatever You Say (2)
Happy Christmas/War is Over (1)
Hush Now (1)
I Let It Go (1)
Norwood Boy (1)
Oh Marie (1)
Should (1)
Suitcase (1)
This Daring Light (1)
Who Will Guard the Door (1)

Enjoy!

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

...there are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the "race" of the decent man and the "race" of the indecent man.  -- Viktor Frankl