Re: Sonnets

hooray for research skills.  I have a copy... it's packed somewhere in
this room.
always squeezing in one more post before switchin to digest and
unplugging the LAN cable....
Bethany
np: Sum 41, official packing music of my dorm room.

"Brian K. Schermerhorn" wrote:

> http://education.yahoo.com/reference/shakespeare/poetry/50147.html
>
> Sonnet CXLVII.
>
> “My love is as a fever, longing still”
>

> MY love is as a fever, longing still
> For that which longer nurseth the disease;
> Feeding on that which doth preserve the ill,
> The uncertain sickly appetite to please.
> My reason, the physician to my love, 5
> Angry that his prescriptions are not kept,
> Hath left me, and I desperate now approve
> Desire is death, which physic did except.
> Past cure I am, now Reason is past care,
> And frantic-mad with evermore unrest; 10
> My thoughts and my discourse as madmen’s are,
> At random from the truth vainly express’d;
>  For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright,
>
>  Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.
>
> ---
>
> really must work...
>
> =====
> "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
> - Xenocrates

~*~*~*~
"and the stories in my pockets are the best I've ever lived" -Sarah
Masen