Re: Sonnets

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/shakespeare/poetry/50147.html

Sonnet CXLVII.

“My love is as a fever, longing still”

MY love is as a fever, longing still
For that which longer nurseth the disease;
Feeding on that which doth preserve the ill,
The uncertain sickly appetite to please.
My reason, the physician to my love, 5
Angry that his prescriptions are not kept,
Hath left me, and I desperate now approve
Desire is death, which physic did except.
Past cure I am, now Reason is past care,
And frantic-mad with evermore unrest; 10
My thoughts and my discourse as madmen’s are,
At random from the truth vainly express’d;
 For I have sworn thee fair, and thought thee bright,

 Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.

---

really must work...

=====
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
- Xenocrates