Re: Dream set-list, etc.

Jeff Holland writes:

Given the choice between seeing a
concert where Over the Rhine played every _Patience_ song one right
after the other or seeing Over the Rhine debut five or six new songs,
I'd eagerly buy a ticket for the second.  Anyone agree?  Disagree?

Oh, I absolutely agree.  Everytime I see them I hope/dream/pray that they'll play something new though I don't really expect those hopes to be fulfilled.  At the same time though, there is so much that I haven't heard them play from Patience that I'd dig that show too.  In particular, I'd love to hear "I've Been Slipping" sometime.  Personally, I think it's sad that songs from TWHF, Patience and Eve are played so rarely.  Sometimes it seems that the band has forgotten that they've released more than 2 albums...

I think the ideal would be to have some balance.  Play some of the stuff from GDBD and FFR for those who only care about it, but mix in both older songs and brand new songs.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Dead Can Dance - Toward the Within

...there are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the "race" of the decent man and the "race" of the indecent man.  -- Viktor Frankl