Meditation vs "Come on baby, come on baby do the conga..."

Dear listees,

 I thought I should break out of lurk mode and answer this question
              posed by our beloved Ysoie... since I actually have an answer
and all....

"Karin-- does it bust your vibe, so to speak, when people whoop and
 holler? Do you prefer a more sedate crowd? Or should we rope Dug back in
 for another conga line? (Even though I've yet to recover from the last
 one....)"

 To which I would just say to anyone interested,
 How about, you be you and I'll be me.  Just be real about it.
 If that involves a conga line, so be it.  Meditation is cool, too.
 But I would advise against combining the two - could be dangerously
 entertaining for the rest of us.

 thanks for asking,
 karin - OtR

ps. For the record, when people stop yelling out requests for Poughkeepsie
during our set, or e-mailing us directly to request it, then we might
consider not playing it. (We don't play it every show.) Or maybe when it
quits meaning something to me...  The same goes for LBR/In the Garden.  I
still happen to feel something when I sing these.  That probably goes without
saying, and it also goes a long way.

OVER THE RHINE
Phone: 513.731.6837 (731-OVER)
Fax: 513.731.9668