Re: Meditation vs "Come on baby, come on baby do the conga..."

>From: "that" Karin@OtRhine at aol_com
>
>ps. For the record, when people stop yelling out requests for Poughkeepsie
>during our set, or e-mailing us directly to request it, then we might
>consider not playing it. (We don't play it every show.) Or maybe when it
>quits meaning something to me...  The same goes for LBR/In the Garden.  I
>still happen to feel something when I sing these.  That probably goes
>without
>saying, and it also goes a long way.

YAY!! GO KARIN!

I myself am not the biggest "Poughkeepsie" fan, but I was at the Pittsburgh
show that the mp3 rarity came from, and listening to it sorta brings back
warm memories.  I met the now absent Jessyka at that show.  Regardless, I'd
never dream to suggest that you stop playing it.  It's the kind of song the
changes (or even saves) lives.

As for LBR/In the Garden- please keep on playing it!  It is very moving and
spiritual. (I'd have worried about your artistic direction, in fact, had it
not been on FFR, after axing "A Gospel Number" and all.)  Plus it has a real
power and passion in a live setting that the studio recording only teases
the listener with.  I dig Jack's slide work!

Please continue singing these as long as doing so brings you joy.  As long
as you are making music to please yourself, and not a "target demographic"
or somesuch, you will make music of lasting value and integrity.  But then,
you know that already.

Thanks for reading,

Matt

np Midnight Oil "Under the Overpass" (on WYEP)