Re: Loving people

Matt,

I am a fellow introverted Catholic with anti-social tendencies who has
struggled with many of the same issues as you.  I also notice that the more
evangelical types seem to have a much easier time relating to people (or
maybe it's just to each other because they've grown up within the same
subculture).  They way I've dealt with your issue of "loving other people"
is simple to act when I see the need despite of how I feel about it, even if
I don't feel "love" before or afterward.  The act is the love- not the
feeling.  Compassion, love etc. are all action verbs.  In a given situation
ask yourself- what is the will of God?- and then act if you can figure out
the answer.  In other words, Just Do It or fake it 'till you make it or
however you want to put it.  The truly important thing is that you ACT- and
believe me, at first it maybe nothing more than an act but I guarantee you
that
nothing about your inward self will change until you do.

Ryan Richards