Re: Essential Indie Artists - Sharing Tree Possibility

I like the *tape trade* idea. I don't have a burner but I do have access to
one.

a couple of my indie faves:

Fourth Estate: Great rock guitar oriented instrumental music ala Steve Morse.
 Saw these guys front row at C-Stone a few years back and I was blown away.
Beegle has got to be one of the best guitarists working in R&R.

Mark Heard: His final 3 surely established him as one of the best songwriters
working in any field.  My fave jumping between Second Hand and Satellite Sky.

Michael Mcdermott - Chicago artist that was originally hailed as the next Bob
Dylan (as a writer, not in sound) then his sales plummeted and he went indy.
Just picked up again a while back.

Michael Hakanson-Stacy.  Great acoustic blues playing, lotta bottleneck stuff.

some band called MONK...

Pam Miner - some nice singer-songwriter stuff.  Sang back up on some of
Heard's discs.  Also had the privilege of playing with him at his last show.

Danielson Family: Haven't gotten into their discs much yet but seeing them at
C-Stone last year had me jumping and dancing and laughing so hard I had to
sit down a while afterwards I was so exhausted.

Professor and Maryann -fun quirky folk duo.

The Revolutionary Army Of the Infant Jesus - uhm...instrumental, ambient,
weird...

I know there's gotta be more but that's all I can think of right now.

many of the artists I listen to are on labels albeit *small* labels and many
on the list know 'em (3 just mentioned by Zayne) Terry Taylor in all his
incarnations, 77's, Mike Knott and his incarnations, Adam Again, Tonio K,
Peter Mulvey, Geoff Mann, Mark Catley with Geoff Mann. the list goes on.
 I do like Deeble's Earthside Down but haven't gotten into his other.  Who is
this guy and why only 2 discs!

kevin

*People say that everyone has a few skeletons in their closet, but I don't.
Well, not yet anyway.  I mean, the bodies are still decomposing.