Re: Essential Indie Artists

My essentials are:

Robert Deeble- I only have Earthside Down, his 2nd CD, but I have been
obsessing over it since I bought it. Much of it is very sparse and acoustic,
but there are some rythm loops that move things along underneath it all. He
has a dry baritone voice that is very emotiveand reserved all at once.
Absolutely top notch in every category. www.robertdeeble.com

Ida- Their music makes me surprised that they are from NYC. Musically they
are everything I wouldn't associate with the City. Slow, passionate, quiet,
beautiful. Not that NY isn't beautiful...ah- you get what I mean.
Male/female vocals that are seamless in harmony. Sometimes he sings much
higher than the women do. My favorite from Ida is "Will You Find Me" which
was produced by Trina Shoemaker, who did "Eve", as we all know!
www.idamusic.com

The Choir- Atmospheric, lush, off- kilter, what else can you say? They
formed in the early 80s when every post punk group had to have a sax player-
and they still have one! Tons of great music from them, but my favorite is
from 93- Kissers and Killers. A bit noisier than their other albums, the
common theme musically is that all of the songs feature a droning melody.
Its from the "grunge" era, but it does not sound dated, and it does sound
better than what passes for "alternative" music today. www.thechoir.net

Many more, but I'm at work. I'm in for trading!

Greg

Three Chords & the Truth, Baby!
http://www.live365.com/stations/234962
Three Chords Swag! Featuring the Lloyd T Shirt!
http://www.cafepress.com/threechords