Re: Essential Indie Artists - Sharing Tree

Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 From: "The Mattrix"

<<<<Otherwise, 16 Horsepower, Mike Knott, SpyGlass
Blue, Saviour Machine, Low, the Voilet Buring, and,
though I've yet to hear it, Charity Empressa, are
all essential indie artists.  (The latter on  the
basis of the resume.)  Oh, and a little band called
Daniel Amos.  And the Choir. (Who owns Galaxy 21
anway?)

I like your list.

Galaxy21 is the child of Dan Michaels, sax man for the
Choir which was started in order to give artist like
the 77's, The Choir, DA, Riki Michelle, Undercover,
etc a central format for getting their music out. The
company is designed to give genuine respect to the
artist on this little 'indie' lable by not screwing
them in business like most of the big record lables
do.

Dan and Lisa, his wife, do a lot of the work needed to
keep Galaxy21 running (sending out releases, product,
etc) from thier homes in the evening.

Possibly more than you wanted to know...I have a lot
of respect for their integrity and the love they have
for the bands the label supports.

Not impartial,
Zayne

=====
She does rain dances when she's feeling dry... ~Shivaree