Re: orchids

--- rhys daily <shadow at teuton_org> wrote:
> i dreamed they filled my house and when i woke up, they were
> all opene.

My dad went to college at the University of Dayton, where he met
my mom and they married there.  My mom said that she wanted
orchids at her wedding.  Just orchids.  So, my Grandparents
shipped orchids upon orchids from Maui arriving a few days
before the date and brought even more w/ them on the plane (i'd
have to ask my dad how they shipped them, something about
ballons filled w/ water - no i'm not crazy).  The local paper
took pictures and wrote up a little thing about it.

A couple years ago I found the article folded up and very yellow
w/ a bunch of other old stuff.  And there were my folks, 41
years ago and 8 years younger than I am today, smiling down on
huge pile of orchids the day before they were married.  I had it
laminated (i'd would've been devastated had it fallen apart) and
its now on my picture wall at home.

I liked your orchid story Rhys.  And it brought that picture I
have to mind.

michelle :)