Re: where is everybody? (lefty guitars)

--- Bethany Keeley <blk4 at calvin_edu> wrote:
> This is something I've always kind of wondered:  Is
> lefty guitar playing more of
> a choice than a born-in kind of thing (as opposed to
> lefty writing etc)....

well, speaking as a lefty and a guitarist.... for me,
it makes sense to play a "right handed" guitar. yes,
my dominant hand does all the chording and note
mapping. (paul simon is also a "lefty" guitar player.)

but you can also look at it this way... BOTH hands are
used equally in playing the instrument, especially if
you are playing finger style music. really, if you
take the argument that the dominant hand shoud control
the fingerboard, then all righties should be playing
"left handed." case in point, my right handed sister
air guitars lefty. go figure.

bink