mp3 clueless

hi everyone,
  i have an mp3 conundrum.  i am not very computer literate, but
i've gotten my dad to download all the monthly mp3s for awhile
now, as well as that concert someone gave a link to recently
(sorry i forget who it was, i just forwarded the message to my
dad since he's the one who knows anything).  the only way i get
to listen to this stuff now is to go to my parents' house & use
my dad's mp3 player.  is there any kind of technical do-hickey
that converts mp3 files into regular music files that could be
burned onto a cd & played on a regular player?  this is probably
a silly question.
  other than that, thing are pretty good w/ me.  i just finished
my thesis, which was a book of poetry... within the next month
or so i am going to be self-publishing & selling a few copies at
an inexpensive price.  if anyone is interested, i could send a
few poems over email so you can decide if you want to purchase
it.  i have a designer & a great printing company, so it should
look pretty good (at least like a real book, anyway!).
  i dunno if i ever told the list (i apologize if i did), but i
will be moving to california this august to begin seminary at
the claremont school of theology.  i'm so ticked that i'm
missing otr's west coast tour!  the only possible otr show i can
get to before i move is the kenyon show, and i still can't
figure out if that is actually happening.  anyone know for sure?

happy spring, folks.

peace,
-=katherine=-

=====
"feel the slip and the grip of grace again"  ~~over the rhine