Re: How Much is too Little?

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Lawlor, Barry wrote:
> How much music on a CD is too little?  The reason I ask is that 2 recent
> CD's that I bought have just around 30 minutes of music on them.  I am
> enjoying them both, 'Dashboard Confessional' and Sam Phillips 'Fan
> Dance'.  Yet, even though I am enjoying the quality of the music, I feel
> a little ripped off.  I know quantity isn't everything.

I think _Fan Dance_ is a very good album, and I wouldn't want to stuff it
full of extra music *just* for the sake of padding it out -- but it does
seems a little weird, to me, that the regular album would be so short,
when the special Borders edition had a bonus track.  If they had room for
the track, why not put it on *all* versions of the album?

The other thing that kind of miffed me was Sam Phillips's greatest-hits
disc, _Zero Zero Zero_, which was only about 40-45 minutes long.

Ah well, that's what CD burners are for.  :)

And hey, keeping this on-topic, I have found that it is possible to fit
both of Linford's solo-piano albums *and* the instrumental OTR tracks onto
a single CD.  Do I feel "ripped off" that the original albums were so
short?  Well, no, but I do like being able to combine them.