length does matter (was Re: How Much is too Little?)

--- "Lawlor, Barry" <Barry.Lawlor at ssa_gov> wrote:
>How much music on a CD is too little?  The reason I
>ask is that 2 recent CD's that I
> bought have just around 30 minutes of music on them.
>  I am enjoying them
> both, 'Dashboard Confessional' and Sam Phillips 'Fan
> Dance'.  Yet, even
> though I am enjoying the quality of the music, I
> feel a little ripped off.
> I know quantity isn't everything.  Any thoughts on
> this?

ha.  okay i'm still reveling in my subject line
(perhaps not reveling, but sitting with an evil smile
wondering if i should indeed send this post...)...but
back to my point (ah, no pun...):  six inch -- i mean
40 - 45 minutes seems to me to be a minimum.  anything
shorter than that is cheap-o.  imho, if they only have
30 minutes of music they need to have something --
improvisational jamming or the random ramblings of the
band, a video of interpretive dance...something
anything, but give me my $17 worth...

wow that's a lot of '...'...

cheeky regards,
liesel

=====
for a small girl, barbara sure has a got a big crush.
the kind that makes you want to break stuff
and blame it on a man you don't know --
--fountains of wayne