Re: How Much is too Little?

"Lawlor, Barry" <Barry.Lawlor at ssa_gov> wrote:
> Here is a question that I have been wanting to ask
> for awhile now.  How much music on a CD is too
> little?  The reason I ask is that 2 recent CDs that
> I bought have just around 30 minutes of music on
> them... Yet, even though I am enjoying the quality
> of the music, I feel a little ripped off. I know
> quantity isn't everything.  Any thoughts on this?

30 minutes is a quite short album... especially for
a piano solo album... ahem... sorry, i couldn't pass
on it... it is an OtR list, anyway... :P

personally, 45 minutes should be a lower range for
length... that usually makes a good length... ideally,
60 minutes is great... i don't mind the few 76-80
minute CDs that populate my collection...

when i make CDRs for myself or others... i try to MAX
them out, or close to it... i fit ALL of my Radiohead
Bsides onto 7 CDs, 9 hours and 8 minutes... that's
an average of 78.3 minutes per CD... not bad...

Dan

np: tori amos - boys for pele

=====
+- Galactic Cowboys http://www.dlm.net/gc/ -+