Re:three names (nOtR)

--- Julie Hentz <hentz3 at attbi_com> wrote:

> Actually, I had a co-worker who went to college with
> her,
> and she said she just went by Mary.

Isn't that somehow akin to attorneys?  I know there's
an atty on this list somewhere who's going to flame
me, but I used to work in collections and dealt with
lots of them on a regular basis and they all hae such
eccentric names.  I often wondered if they started out
with the name or changed it after getting their
degree/license.  Lots of times they would haver very
ordinary/common names and the spelling would be way
out there.  something like:

Instead of Michael Brown it would be Mycheal Brouwne,
or
instead of Tom Williams it would be Thomb Willyheames.

Anyone else ever noticed this before?