Re: Faithfully Dangerous

--- Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
wrote:
Of course, you need to be able to
play
R2/PAL DVDs,

Hey Don,

What brand and model DVD player do you have?  I've
been looking for a multi-regional multi format player
and can't find one.  I know Dan said earlier in the
year that he has a Apex that does that and/or turns
off the macro.  I've checked all the stores locally
and none of the apex do that. At Bestbuy, one of the
associates told me that those are made in China and
thy just pay a higher tax to import them here--does
anyone know if there's any truth to that?

I used to have a Pioneer player and it was so super
sensitive, sometimes I could open a brand new CD and
it wouldn't play it--movies that didn't skip or
degrade on 99.9% of the dvd players out there would
either freeze up or skip to the next chapter.

I now have a Sony 300 DVD changer and it's much more
"disc friendly."

Mark