Re: names (kevin smith)

Julie said:

> > i think you mean kevin *max*

Dan corrected:
> yes and no.
>
> max is his middle name.
>
> he's not the filmmaker.  but his name is kevin smith.
>
> Dan

I correct some more:

actually, she's right. he legally changed his name to Kevin Max a few
years ago. The Kevin Max Smith that we knew is no longer.
from CCM magazine, October 1999 (one of the few issues i actually kept,
for this quote): "I wanted to change my name because there are so many
Kevin Smiths out there. It seems I always get fouled up with some guy
who's getting his camper repo-ed or has been brought up on minor charges
of theft. I wante to be set apart from all the other Smiths in the
world."

i totally see where he's coming from. i would definitely hate it if
people mistook me for people that are inferior to me. i wouldn't want to
share my name with losers, because someone might think *I'M* a loser.
just kidding.

yep, that quote did NOT raise my opinion of K-Max at all.

I'm not sure if he gave himself a new middle name or not. maybe it's The
-  just to make sure people know he's the only one.

this message is mean,
kate