Re: 2 Otr related Questions....no wait! 3!

--- David Dean <kingmaker at earthlink_net> wrote:

> 1) What is the band's policy and/or fellow listee's
> experience with taking photos at an OtR show?

Here's what I know about pictures of the band during
performance based on what they've told me.

1.  they have never told me not to take pictures, but
granted they are *very* nice and would probably not
say anything even if that was their feeling at the
time.

2.  I've mentioned to Karin before when the subject
came up that I happened (on x occasion) to get some
good shots off--to which she replied that I should
send them in to the office and they would put them up
on the web site.

It has occured to me that lately (in the last couple
of years) they have managed to come out of their
shells a bit more to us, the fans.  I don't know for
sure what happened about 5 years ago, but I do know
that in a Northern Spy once, Linford wrote that a
situation arose that made him rethink how much he
wanted to interact (and reveal) on a personal level
with/to the fans.  I'm assuming the sting of whatever
that encounter was has worn off, and we're seeing more
of the old K&L personalities we used to see.  I know I
was surprised when Linford publicly condoned taping
shows. And it used to be a general unspoken concensus
that they didn't like pictures taken either.  We're
now seeing that old assumption removed as well.  I
would risk a guess that in their 10+ years of touring,
they've decided to loosen the reigns a bit.  I don't
know, I'm just guessing...

My general personal feeling about concert photos is
they rarely turn out.  Unless they're performing
outside in the day ,I don't even bother usually.

Mark