Re: Faithfully Dangerous

didn't linford say the song was about creativity?

actually, i love the song because it doesn't make any sort of specific
sense.  it's one of my favorite things about otr- the very nebulous,
emotionally-charged word pictures that their lyrics generate.  the songs
last so much longer for me that way- they mean different things to me at
different times, and i feel like i'm constantly seeing the lyrics in a new
light.

i know that doesn't answer your questions, kylie.

>From: Bethany Keeley <blk4 at calvin_edu>
>Subject: Re: Faithfully Dangerous
>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:49:37 -0400
>
>I think it's about God.  An onconventional look at God sure, but it brings
>mind, for me, the images of Lewis' Aslan.  there's that part where the
>children
>are talking to the beavers and they ask if Aslan is safe and they say
>something
>to the effect of "of course he's not safe, haven't you been listening?
>He's a
>lion!  but he's good."  Faithfully Dangerous.  That's where it's at for me.
>
>Bethany
>
>np: GDBD
>
>Kylie Wilkerson wrote:
>
> > Red is blood. Black is sky.
> > White's the dove that longs to fly.
> > You set it free and it beats its wings in me.
> > It leaves us at a loss for words.
> > Is that me now in your arms?
> > We cradle together and fall down on our knees.
> >
> > I love all those words. I just dont get it. At one point I thought it
>could
> > be about sex...but that was before I knew a lot of the words. Hmm...
> >
> > Ky
> >

>check out my new weblog http://www.xanga.com/bethaniqua
>--
>~*~*~*~
>"and the stories in my pockets are the best I've ever lived" -Sarah Masen

By means of all created things, without exception, the divine assails us,
penetrates us, and molds us. We imagined it as distant and inaccessible,
whereas in fact we live steeped in its burning layers.

- Teilhard de Chardin