RE: language (was Re: S-c-h-e-r-m-e-r-h-o-r-n)

Mark wrote:
> Did any of you study Latin or ancient Greek in school?

Somehow I got roped into taking Latin in high school for two long years.  I
don't remember much, but what I do remember is silly, trivial kind of stuff.
After that, just for fun, I took a year of Japanese.  I remember precious
little of it as well, but I remember having the time of my life (the course
was taught via satellite, and there were only five of us in the class,
including a teacher who acted as a facilitator but was really learning with
us).  Then I took Spanish in college, and I remember some of it.  I do
better translating from Spanish to English than vice versa.  Enough rambling
from here...

Chris