Re: JIN-ROH and LotR

>From: Dr. Smith

>The Mattrix said:
> > However, since Don has called my "escapist" view of art "reductionist",

>In the immortal words of Keanu Reeves, whoa!  That's not quite what I said.
>What I said was that to imply *all* art was escapist would be
>*unnecessarily*
>reductionist.  I.e., reducing the range of available meanings and purposes.

Right, which was more or less to say that my view was limited.  That's fine.
  I don't mind constructive criticism, especially from a brother (despite
the 180 in worldview)- how am I to learn otherwise?

>I would also like to point out that I also said "I can appreciate that
>sometimes
>it's fun to unwind and unplug" and I further added that phrase "I'm not
>saying
>you do", so you would know I was talking about a general trend, rather than
>you, specifically.  Heck, I actually explicitly mentioned my *grandmother*,
>rather than respond directly to your message, so that you wouldn't feel
>attacked.  Guess that approach didn't work.

It did.  I didn't feel defensive.  You've made me feel that way in the past,
but not this time.

And I didn't mean to imply that I felt vindicated to attack Peter as I'd
been attacked.  I have no interest in attacking anyone.  Except pop-singers
that Bruce may like, apparently.  And Howard Stern, Tom Daschle, Bill Maher,
etc...

>See you around,

Probably not.  I'm too chicken to drive to Ohio.  Midnight Oil wil be at
Bogarts soon...should I take the bus?  I don't relish the thought...

My so-caled life: friday night off and all I did was read a Cowboy Bebop
graphic novel and correspond with a group of strangers.  Now, I have to go
to bed due to an early mandatory store meeting @ McDonad's.  *Sigh*  At
least the hotcakes are free.

Anyway, it beats being nailed to a tree.