Re: JIN-ROH and LotR

The Mattrix said:
> However, since Don has called my "escapist" view of art "reductionist",

In the immortal words of Keanu Reeves, whoa!  That's not quite what I said.
What I said was that to imply *all* art was escapist would be *unnecessarily*
reductionist.  I.e., reducing the range of available meanings and purposes.  I
would also like to point out that I also said "I can appreciate that sometimes
it's fun to unwind and unplug" and I further added that phrase "I'm not saying
you do", so you would know I was talking about a general trend, rather than
you, specifically.  Heck, I actually explicitly mentioned my *grandmother*,
rather than respond directly to your message, so that you wouldn't feel
attacked.  Guess that approach didn't work.

See you around,
--
Don Smith                          Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" - Miguel de Unamuno