Re: escapism (was re: JIN-ROH and LotR)

>From: Don Smith >For example,
>in _The Matrix_ (appropriately enough), there's a brief scene in which
>Mouse
>says "to deny our impulses is to deny that which makes us human".  Why is
>this
>in the film?

Dunno, but saying that to a Catholic during Lent is just cruel!  ;-)

Don, I appreciate that you and I have very different worldviews, and will
engage you on this topic, but I've no time just now.  Soon. It won't be much
of an argument, 'cause we really are in the same chapter, if not on the same
page.