RE: Makin' Bacon

--- "ms. tarquini" <lieselmarietarquini at yahoo_com>
wrote:

> --- E Geist <i_scoobysnak at yahoo_com> wrote:
> > --- "Lawlor, Barry" <Barry.Lawlor at ssa_gov> wrote:
> > > Here is my go at it.
> > >
> > > My Grandmother Mai Foley ran guns for the real
> > > Michael Collins.
> >
> > dude, i have to say that you justy beat *everyone*
> > with that point, bacon or no bacon.
>
> i agree.  but this is not what i want to write.
> what
> i want to write is: what is it with men and their
> usage of 'dude'?!  (i'm going on the assumption here
> that i_scoobysnak is a manboything).  dude has been
> making a resurgance(?) as of late, back from the
> 80's
> with a vengance -- but always out the mouths of men!
>
> there must be  a documentary out there to explain it
> to me...
>
> baffled,
> liesel

i disagree with your gender allocation. to be honest,
with late 60s and 70s sensibilities, i always used to
use the address "man."  (don't even get me into people
using "dudeman").  i picked up "dude" from dating
laura in the mid-late 90s, as she and her female
friends used it with great frequency.  i really would
like to get back to the halcyon days when i said
"man."  will work on it.

fwiw, i_scoobysnak is sort of an oblique ref to older
times too, when all i had to worry about was reading
1200 pages a week, and playing chess while stoned and
listening to steely dan or miles davis every night at
1 a.m. with my roomie.  (sigh): undergrad.