Re: JIN-ROH and LoTR

> "And/or" - Do you think "Shrek" was wholly appropriate for kids?  I
> didn't,
> despite the good moral.

i dont think shrek was wholly appropriate for me.
i was not one of the masses of people that fell in love with it.
i didn't like it that much and there where parts of it that i didn't like
at all.
but really, my main reason for not liking shrek is this: the ending. it's
fine if they want to make little mimicries and mockeries of disney
throughout the movie. they're clever, sure. but the fact that the most
important part of the ending was a direct rip-off from a disney movie,
just says to me that they didn't care enough about their movie or their
story to come up with an original way to present the ending, and that the
whole thing was just a medium for their jokes.

this isn't a reason to not like the movie, but i thought that it would've
been very appropriate of them to thank walt disney in their acceptance
speech. i know that they're not disney and that it's sort of a big deal
that they beat disney for the first award in that category so it would've
lessened the impact of them beating disney - but i still think that if
it's their medium and they have devoted their lives to full-length
feature animation, they should give come credit to the man who created
and established it.

- kate