Re: The Awards.

--- Bruce Lachey <b_lachey at hotmail_com> wrote:
> Perhaps in twenty years the Lord of the Rings film
> will be remembered for
> what I saw in it: an overblown giant piece of crap
> designed for people who
> play too many videogames or can't find the time too,
> so the excruciating
> film was their outlet.  I despise it so seemingly
> infinitely.

Jeezle Pete, Bruce.  How do you really feel?
How about some rational reasons for not liking it.
This just seems like an emotional tirade.

> A Beautiful Mind could have been about sewer rats,
> but it's still a love
> story, told interestingly and with progression and
> development.  And a good
> love story at that.

Yeah, and we only get about 354 of those each year,
most of them with Meg Ryan.  (Although I think there's
much more to this movie than your pithy description
gives it credit for.)

> Same with Moulin Rouge.

I don't get this one.  I thought it was an overblown
assault on the senses.  Take away the color, the
loudness, the conflicted music score, and you
basically got a very shallow story.  Boy meets ho. Ho
gets sick and dies.  Boy is sad.
Not that it wasn't entertaining.  Just a little
overhyped in my opinion.

> It was an eccentric year for cinema.

Absolutely.  Unfortunately, and typically, you
wouldn't have known that from last night.

> Viva Cirque du Soleil,

Amazing, they are!

I caught just a bit of the INdepenant Spirit Awards
this weekend.  It reminded me how livid I am that
Memento was so overlooked and unappreciated last
night.

More cynical than I usually am about this stuff.

=====
What if the hokey-pokey really IS what it's all about?!?