Re: OTR popularity

Well if we're dreaming here's what I'd like to see happen.First I think
it would be good if OTR got some major management behind them,someone that
really sees the talent and potential they have and can take them
to the "next" level.Major management has all the connections to get them
a real producer for the next album (which I hope they've begun to write?)Pay
the right people to get radio airplay,yes kids this is a business and it
costs $$$ to get your song played no matter how good it is.Then get them in
a good opening slot on a real tour with whom thier
music is compatible so that all the people that like the
"Sarahs",Jewels",Sheryl Crows,etc.... can be introduced to the beauty that
we all know and love.These artists all sell millions but have nothing on
Karin & Linford talent wise it's just that they got the breaks and OTR got
all bad ones!Record companies go belly up every day
and it could happen to Back Porch anytime like IRS.

The flipside if they don't ever get any more popular than they are right now
and they're content,as long as they keep putting out albums
and playing down the street from my house 4 times a year like they do now I
won't complain.Like Karin said "maybe OTR we'll just end up being a good
independent movie instead of a major motion picture or a blockbuster and I'm
OK with that" It kind of brought a tear to my eye because we all know that
if(mainstream)people could just get the chance
to hear and especially see what we all do it could happen.I know I didn't
"get it" until I saw Karin and Lin play an acoustic show at Wheaton college
then it hit me like baseball bat and I was hooked forever! I can't wait
until April 27th at Fitzgeralds in IL I hope some listees are going ???