Re: netiquette

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Kelvin Bailey wrote:

> --- Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
> wrote:
> > My pet peeves:
> >

> > 4. Not putting in carriage returns so that whole
> > paragraphs show up as one continuous line that just
> > keeps going on and on and on for miles and miles
> > which makes it very difficult to read.  (See

hey! me too (:

> This came up before.  I don't want to be guilty of it, and I don't
> know if I am or not.  How can I tell.  Is it just an AOHell/Outlook
> thing.  Am I safe with yahoo?
>
> Out here really trying...

usually ther eis a setting in your email options section that allows you
to specify line length. absolute max is 80 chars, politeness dictates more
along the lines of 76.

if you use outlook:

tools: options: send: plain text format (cos we all know you piucked the
plain text only stuff already) - set line wrap to 76. o AND you can pick
right there to indent your replies with the character of your choice, and
the > is nicely defaulted already.

rhys

--
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)