Another Top 10...

'Things I Didn't Expect'  in 2002 (so far):

10) starfish feel like rocks; they're not squishy
9) an over-capacity crowd at a physics/history lecture in DC
8) no snow days (yay!)
7) "he'll need orthodontic work in about 18 months"
6) Florida weather too cold for shorts
5) the firing of my boss (we're leaderless now)
4) a big blue truck hitting my little silver car (...and then leaving)
3) my profit-sharing check (now in savings for the orthodontic work...)
2) my tried-for-fourteen-years-with-fertility-treatments-to-have-one-child
cousin, suddenly turning up pregnant again without any help at all
1) heavenly chocolate mousse (made from 'four letters, starts with t!')(thank
you, Don!)