Like a Radio (WZZZ fm)

J B <jjjb at hotmail_com> wrote:
> I agree totally "Like a radio" should be played
> at every OTR show.

i can't disagree more.  it's boring (IMO).  it's
great that they have a lot of other stuff to play
instead.

> It was in MY top 10 songs that define OTR.

it's probably in my 10 Least Fav OtR tunes list. the
*addition* to "Little Blue River" is in there, too.
egads...

> Songs like "Jack's valentine" are cute little bar
> songs but when you have to omit GREAT songs to
> play it that's where rub comes in.

it's a fun song.  nice to see live... Linford tends
to do something different when they play it... i
doubt that "Like a Radio" is played too *differently*
ever.  i'll take the "cute little bar" song instead.

additionally, on this theme, i've loved the song
before, but i really liked it when they started
doing different versions of "Faithfully Dangerous."
it's makes a live experience much more enjoyable
for me.

additionally #2, i like live stuff, but i like it
far better if it's an expansion of the recorded work,
rather than a carbon copy.  live albums generally
bore me unless they have something unique about them.

ok, side theme done.

just around the corner,
Dan

np: u2 - pop