RE: Rent-a-don report

Nice story Don... However, unless I missed it (which would still be YOUR
fault for not making it more clear), you didn't elaborate on your menus,
which I would consider to be a requirement before I can judge (hell yes I am
the judge!) if the Rent-A-Don weekend was a success.

I should let you know, also, that I consider the omission of the menus to be
a fairly sizable strike against the whole Rent-A-Don idea, but I will try to
overlook that provided that the menus are sent to me post-haste. Forgetting
to post the menus is sorta like when I used to be a gigolo and telling a
story but leaving out the AMAZING sex and ALL the mind-blowing orgasms I
would provide for my clients (again and again)... See what I mean?

Of course, the fact that Ysobelle became "very ill" doesn't bode too well
for your future as a Rent-A-Don (or, especially, for Rent-A-Drew (the
(TREMENDOUSLY) upgraded model)). In fact, that's pretty darned scary.

On the topic of cliques on the list... Being one of the most visible
personalities on the list, I've heard a LOT of discussion about this. My
feelings are: If someone comes and identifies themselves to anyone on the
list, that person is immediately part of the group. If they stand "over
there" and watch, then yes, we appear to be an exclusionary group.

Beyond that, since most people from the list know what I look like from my
website (and I don't necessarily know them!), I usually tell folks that are
coming to shows to "find me and make yourself known", since I'm not hard to
spot in a crowd. As Rhys will tell ya, once you do that, you're in.

If the topic of cliques was brought up by Liesel, it's only because she's an
angry, bitter woman since the Mormons dogged her by deciding NOT to come
inside for ...ahem... Goodies at the brunch!

> so I didn't get to witness the infamous meeting of Liesel & Jessyka.

Now THAT I would pay to see... Just the two of them, a kiddy pool of
watermelon Jell-O, and some good old 80's music on the boombox while they
wrestle... Ahh... The imagery!  8-)

Just to be complete, here's a menu I executed QUITE successfully on Sunday:
* Herb-Crusted Chicken Scallopini
* Sweet Potato Apple Hash
* Cauliflower Polonaise
* Strawberries Sabayon