Re: Rent-a-don report

> Nice story Don... However, unless I missed it (which would still be YOUR
> fault for not making it more clear), you didn't elaborate on your menus,
> which I would consider to be a requirement before I can judge (hell yes I am
> the judge!) if the Rent-A-Don weekend was a success.

Ha!  Well, I had thought that someone else should provide the menus, since for
me to describe the food might be perceived as tooting my own horn somewhat.
But, since you insist.  Friday night was an african stew with peanut butter,
pinapple and kale.  Carrots & dried cranberries steamed in a orange-curry sauce
on the side.  An assemble it yourself salad with greens, a sauteed mixture of
pears, walnuts, & dried cherries, some crumbly blue cheese and a raspberry
vinagrette dressing.  For dessert, chocolate mousse with raspberries and
whipped cream.  Saturday was coconut basmati rice with cashews and raisins
(spiced with cinnamon and cayenne).  A curried vegetable medly with tofu, chick
peas, grape tomatoes and some other things I don't remember.  For appetizers,
boiled artechokes with butter, and fresh bread with olivada.  For salad, a
marinated asian cole slaw with toasted sesame seeds.  For dessert, a trifle.

There ya go,
--
Don Smith                          Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                                http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/