RE: Obsessions. REM rambling

Nightswimming... what a great song. Its from their Automatic for the People
album. The origin of the album title is a little southern soul food
restaurant in Athens, GA called Weaver D's Delicious Fine Foods. Their
slogan is "Automatic for the People." If you ask for something, Weaver D
will hand it to you and reply, "Automatic!" That's customer service for ya,
whatever you want, you've got it. Automatic. My sister and I have family and
friends in Athens, so during a visit we took a little trip to Weaver D's and
ate collard greens and grits and bought souvenir t-shirts. REM is one of my
all-time favorite bands, so I was ridiculously giddy and out of character.
Just the idea of eating where REM used to hang out in their earlier days was
almost too much for me.

Anyway, just rambling... that post brought back some good memories.

Bug