Re: Re: inquiry

On 3/6/02 10:39 PM, quoth the effervescent Hazel410 at aol_com at
Hazel410 at aol_com:

>I like it, but it's not a particular favorite of mine.   One of my friends,
>however, picked it as the one that really stood out for him when he heard
>them for the first time live; it's the reason he wanted the CD, even.
>
>It's a good song, no doubt about that.
>
>Anita

Well, it's the reason I'm here.

OtR played the Stone Lounge in Tampa...um...six years ago? Rosewater
Elizabeth was opening, and my friend Jennifer's friend Anthony's
girlfriend Melissa was in the band, so Jennifer and this guy Michael she
was sort of seeing and I all went. I ran into an old friend at the show,
and almost got mowed down by an overexcited Weimaraner, so it was fun.
Jennifer wanted to leave when RE was done, but I thought that'd be rude
(and I wanted to see the Weimaraner again!) so we stayed. Then this band
with flowers and candles and Oriental rugs comes out and I thought, wow.
Cool. Then they told this story about a bridge in New York State and a
suicide prevention hotline sign at the top. And then they played this
song...this...this song. And I cried. Wow. And Michael cried, so I knew
it wasn't just me. And Jennifer didn't get it, but that was okay. Then I
won a copy of "Patience," which I put away for months and then found much
later when I got a CD player and it was my only CD and I played the hell
out of it, and then I came back to PA and I had to see if it was real or
if I was crazy so I dragged my cousin to see them in Somerset PA (or
somewhere like that) and even though it was in a church basement and
we're both NOT Christian and she's a lesbian to boot and we're both
thinking the place is going to implode as soon as we cross the threshold
(we held our breaths) and she's in a full leg brace and very uncomfy and
we have to find someone to find her a chair (which did get us in early)--
despite all that, we hear the warm-up coming up the stairs and there's
this voice singing, "What a beautiful piece of heartache this has all
turned out to be..." and I smile. Yeah. I was right.

I think I joined the list around then, too.