RE: elephants

I thouroughly enjoyed Disney's Animal Kingdom, especially the African safari.  From the minute you get in line, you're made to feel as if you're in Africa.

Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com [mailto:owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com]On Behalf Of OncleBoo at aol_com
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 3:20 PM
To: sherih at galynx_com; Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com
Subject: Re: elephants

Sheri writes:

Elephants are so beautiful..I have always wanted to take a trip to Africa
and be in their environment and see the interaction between them..that goes
for all animals everywhere actually! So; now you all know I am this animal
activist...so you probably take a gander at how many animal friends I have
in my home..*laugh*

As someone who's had the opportunity/privilege of living in Africa (though it has been awhile since I was there...), I can tell you there's no question that seeing animals in their natural environment is immeasurably superior.  There are some places here in the States though that do a decent job of placing animals in enclosures that are far more natural than simple cages (the San Diego Wild Animal Park here in California comes to mind).  These places definitely make for a better experience than your average zoo.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  The Be Good Tanyas - Blue Horse

"...there are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the 'race' of the decent man and the 'race' of the indecent man." – Viktor Frankl