Re: elephants

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, ms. tarquini wrote:

> yes, i'm always careful in my daily interactions with elephants.
> because you know, being a web designer, i come in contact with them
> all the time and they are vicious!  ha.  okay seriously, i have heard
> that they're tempermental beings.  maybe that's why i like 'em.

yea, when they get mad cos you forgot to post the picture of their newest
baby, and the banana leaves they pay you in are starting to rot... phjew!
and trying to host them for a meeting? wow!

> actually i haven't seen a live elephant for 5 years.  i hate zoos.
> that statement may be like saying i hate puppies (i don't), does
> anyone else dislike zoos or should i take this up with my therapist?

i hate zoos too. they remind me of catatonic people - trapped eyes.
although there are some that have no bars, and the animals have reasonble
simliary habitats.  that said - zoos are great for makin gpeople aware of
the value that's out there, and how we should be good stewards.

The Panther -rilke

From seeing the bars, his seeing is so exhausted
that it no longer holds anything anymore.
To him the world is bars, a hundred thousand
bars, and behind the bars, nothing.

The lithe swinging of that rhythmical easy stride
which circles down to the tiniest hub
is like a dance of energy around a point
in which a great will stands stunned and numb.

Only at times the curtains of the pupil rise
without a sound . . . then a shape enters,
slips though the tightened silence of the shoulders,
reaches the heart, and dies.

i heard this when i saw awakenings. what a great movie - so alive. it made
dave cry, which surprised me.

rhys

--
The world is going to end. Please log off.