Apex DVD players and high-priced movies (was Re: DVD to VHS)

J B <jjjb at hotmail_com> wrote:
> I beg to differ I have an Apex DVD player with
> the Macrovison protection turned off and I
> occasionally rent DVD's or get them from the
> library and tape them to VHS sometimes when I
> don't have time to immediately watch the DVD
> and they look great!

i love my Apex DVD player... the Region FREE thing
is the best option.  hence my Family Guy & Futurama
Season 1 Sets... :)

i haven't dubbed form DVD to VHS with it yet, nor
do i plan to.  once you go digital, it's too hard
to go back.  most DVD that i would rent, i'll only
watch once (so why dub to VHS?).  and any that i'd
want to watch again, i'd buy on DVD (due to WAY
better quality and options, special features, etc).

> Yes,I prefer to watch the DVD but sometimes I don't
> have the time.  Am I breaking the law? Who cares!!
> I'm not selling VHS copies of DVD movies I rent on
> Ebay but I'll occasionally give one of my friends
> the tape to watch.

whether you're selling them or not, *technically* you
are breaking the law (there is that *FBI* thing at
the beginning of *all* movies that describes far
better).  *i* don't care that you're doing it.  don't
get me wrong.  what you do with your electronic
media and their buttons is between you and them... :)

> Don't even get me started on some movies they try to
> justify charging 8 or 9 bucks to see!!...LOL

it's entertainment.  personally, i don't think that
$8 is unreasonable.  people are to set on "getting
stuff for free."  you gotta figure, there are royalty
rights, film cost, distribution fees, wages of the
theatre employees, security, huge overhead on some
of these large movie houses, etc that all wrap up
into an $8 ticket.

i don't think it's a bad deal.  sure, it's not as
low as it used to be.

Dan

np: megadeth - risk

=====